Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Bloody Mary Morning

Christmas night - Its over in 4 hours and 45 minutes. I've made it through the worst part of the holiday season, and although I spent a couple of hours looking at old pictures from Costa Rica, Louisiana, float trips and off shore I didn't dwell on too much misery. In fact, I realized that I created all of those memories. I might not have been alone but there was only one constant in all of those photographs: me! Dogs, friends, girls and memories have all come and gone and the only thing that is really left standing, besides possibly my family, is me. Sometimes lately it feels like its nothing more than what is left of me. I don't even know why I worry after looking at some of those pictures, pictures of Utah, Florida, Missouri, Arkansas, and New Orleans, Louisiana.

But its Christmas night and I have Willie Nelson in the headphones. Willie makes sad songs seem happy somehow. "I won't make reason to why I miss her so... To make a long story short, she's gone." He needs more songs about dogs, at least one really good song about a dog.

1 comment:

RebBull said...

Willie knows his stuff.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!